Counselling about various ways of family planning like pills, Cu-T, condoms, patches, and finally Laparoscopic Tubal Ligation. Laparoscopic Tubal ligation is a daycare procedure, which is stitchless and painless. Patient is discharged the same day with 5 hours. Being laparoscopic procedure, it is totally painless with minimal blood loss.
Types of Family Planning
- Barrier approaches, which block sperm from accessing the egg and thereby preventing conception.
- Hormonal techniques inhibit a woman’s ovary from producing an egg, making it more difficult for sperm to reach the egg and preventing the uterine lining from sustaining a pregnancy.
- IUDs are devices that keep a man’s sperm from fertilising a woman’s egg.
- Natural techniques for a woman to determine when she is fertile in order to avoid having sex at that time.
- Methods that are permanent. These are surgeries that prevent a man or a woman from having any offspring.
Laparoscopic Tubal Ligation
Laparoscopic tubal ligation is a surgical sterilization procedure in which a woman’s fallopian tubes are either clamped and blocked or severed and sealed. Both methods prevent eggs from being fertilized. Tubal ligation is a permanent method of sterilization.
Female tubal blockage occurs when the fallopian tubes are blocked or damaged, preventing eggs from reaching the uterus and sperm from reaching the egg. The most common cause is a pelvic infection. Laparoscopy is used to examine the tubes and ovaries for patency, as well as to remove scar tissue from around the tubes and ovaries and to unblock blocked tubes (tuboplasty).
Dr. Aditi Ambekar Mahajani
We specialize in Fibroid/cyst/ectopic/hysterectomy with Advanced Laparoscopic Techniques. Dr. Aditi has 6 years of experience in treating long-term infertility. we are attached to various multispeciality hospitals in Pune including ONP, MJM, Gynaeworld hospital.